Where children learn to grieve and heal.
Thanks for stopping by the Camp Erin Blog! You will not only find the most up to date info happening with Camp Erins across the country, but also some great resources and applicable information for grieving families.
Camp Erin is the largest bereavement camp in the country - designed for youth ages 6-17 who are grieving the loss of someone close to them. It is a weekend-long experience filled with traditional, fun, camp activities combined with grief education and emotional support — facilitated by grief professionals and trained volunteers from local hospice and grief counseling agencies. Camp Erin is the largest network of bereavement camps in the United States with 36 camps in 23 states. More than 2,500 greiving children and teens will receive the healing experience of Camp Erin this year!
January 29, 2010
January 21, 2010
All proceeds from the event will benefit TMF's Camp Erin and the Mario Batali Foundation.
- Gourmet brunch, cocktails - menu designed by Mario Batali
- Food demos with Mario and Emeril Lagasse!
- LIVE entertainment by Bernie Williams former NY Yankee turned star Musician!
January 20, 2010
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Provide an overall view of bereavement camp structures and best practices across the country by creating a forum of exchange, learning and collaboration through sharing of timely clinical information, programs, advances in research and successful ideas for new or existing bereavement camps.
• Provide information on current topics and ideas for implementation related to childhood bereavement camps such as
- innovative program models
- resident camp activities
- overall camp structures
- fun/unique ideas for activities and camp sessions
- fundraising, PR and marketing
• Promote networking among attendees - including health caregivers, counselors, educators, researchers, as well as volunteers and parent advocates who work with bereaved families across North America.
Bring together nationally recognized bereavement professionals along with leading bereavement and resident camp professionals across diverse fields of expertise, providing participants with a rich and interactive learning environment and networking opportunities.
One day conference, with 3-5 breakout sessions – each focused on specific bereavement camp topics. CEUs will be offered. Registration will open in March.
Please contact Lynette Moore for more information: email@example.com or 206.298.1217